“Pole dancing?!” you might ask, shocked by the very idea. “Never!”
But here’s what you don’t know about Pole Fitness:
1. It’s not just for strip clubs. Pole dancing has actually been used by Indian wrestlers and Chinese acrobats, dating back past the 12th century. And although it can certainly be sexy, pole fitness is so much more: it’s sport, art, strength and beauty. It can be as delicate as ballet, as bold as tango. It can be anything you want it to be. It is what you make it.
2. It’s not just for 20-something size 6 girls. Pole fitness classes are filled with men and women, of all ages and sizes. When I attended my first class, self-conscious with trackies hiding my shorts, I was shocked to find myself in a room full of normal people! Big, small, tall, short, male, female – it didn’t matter. And, for the first time in my life, I felt free from judgement. Skimpily dressed in a room with 10 other people, I really had found an all-accepting judgement-free community!
3. It doesn’t matter if you can’t dance. Or do a press-up. Beginners classes are there for a reason: to LEARN. Everyone starts from the bottom! And with Pole Fitness, it doesn’t matter how long it takes or whether we make a fool of ourselves, because guess what? Everyone does! With time, strength will come. The moves will come. And I promise you this: every lesson, you’ll come away proud to have achieved something you couldn’t do before.
4. You’ll be in the best shape of your life. Pole fitness is an all-body work out. Arms, core, legs: you’ll be toned in no time. And the best thing? It won’t feel like a chore! Because pole dancing is fun! So if you’re looking to shed some weight or tone up, just give it a try – check out ‘before and afters’ on Google if you don’t believe me!
5. There are proper competitions all over the world. Pole fitness is massively growing in popularity – it’s even being considered as an olympic sport! And there are competitions all over – from professional to amateur. You never know, it could be you competing on that stage one day! Check out some performances on YouTube and you’ll be truly inspired!
So just TRY a Pole Fitness class near you. You’ll gain confidence, fitness, strength, friends, skills. Plus, you’ll never be stuck for a conversation-starter again! So answer me this:WHY THE HELL NOT?!
You can find this page HERE.